Monday, September 2, 2024

Week 26: Gokiso, Nagoya; Companion: Sister Tulod

Yes everyone, it is true.

2 in 2 weeks is crazyyyyy and they may be the only baptisms I see in my mission haha, they are hard to come by here in Japan.

🌊This time our friend Yumii Oota (you-me oh-tah) was baptized! The missionaries in another area were teaching her when they realized she was in our area, so they transferred her to us. But when we started meeting with her, she already had a baptism date. So we taught her a few more lessons and that's it!  I am super happy and feel super lucky I got to be apart of her baptism journey even though my part feels very small. It feels like I haven't done much, but I like to think my testimony helped her at least a tiny bit!

🌀Tsunami!!! Yes you read that right, we had a tsunami. Well, actually it got demoted to a tropical storm, but tsunami is more fun. Basically it wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be. Just a whole bunch of rain for a whole 4 straight days. Our area got lucky with no flooding, but other areas got a bunchhhh of flooding. 

🙌Everyone can relax and breathe now, I worked with Doc Martens and they SENT ME NEW SHOES!! They are so squeaky clean and fresh... and stiff. So please pray for my ankles, but I am so happy!!! Eeeeeeeeeks

❤Japan Tips❤
- Tsunami means the same thing as hurricane. Different parts of the world use this word! 
- The amount of times I have been asked "Trump or Biden" haha
- Almost every house/place you take off your shoes, there is going to be a shoe horn. You know the thing old people use to put their shoes on easier. I have actually grown to love them and I keep a mini one in my bag because Doc Martens are hard to put on sometimes!
- yummy in Japanese is įžŽå‘ŗしい pronounced oishi!
❤yayay Japan❤

To be honest, these past couple weeks have been really hard mentally for many reasons. I find myself putting a lot of pressure on my own self and I get caught up in my head about small things that become huge the more I think about them. I have been trying to find what it means to feel inner peace and to be satisfied with the work I am able to do at this moment. 
I think as humans and for some, members of this church, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to always give our all. And then be satisfied at the end of the day. Well wanna know what I have learned? We are NEVER going to be satisfied if all we expect is our own 100%. We have heard it many times, but I know that if we do what we can, God will fill in the rest. This is something I have been trying to constantly remind myself...
Give yourself grace, you are just a human with good intentions doing the best you can.
I heard that from a very inspirational person!
God does not WANT perfect, he wants effort. Even if all the effort you can give is tiny. 
Everyone please remember, God is proud of you. He knows you. You are perfect in His eyes. He loves you!
I love you too!!
Make it another good week!

<3 Sister Peterson
09/02/24

P.s. shout out to those who send emails/respond to these emails, those small responses mean more than you know! 
p.p.s my 6 months is TOMORROW, watch out for the Facebook post!!

~I made the Baptism Program and am very proud of my work!
~ We visited a family from Peru, their mom was showing us Missionary tik toks and that "its okay if you have tik tok" haha ohh jeez
~fun fact: the red head lives about 10 min away from my home in idaho... but he went to rocky mtn high school đŸ¤Ž








Hi everyone, I am embarrassed now! 

I meant to say TYPHOON, not tsunami. I am in the middle of the city in Japan, so there is no real chance of getting hit by a tsunami... hopefully.
hehehe anyways, make it a good week!
<3 Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 28: Gokiso, Nagoya; Companion/Trainee: Sister

I have been blessed! If anyone was wondering this has been an emotion filled week.... you are correct. Holy cow. On Tuesday I received the c...