Monday, July 22, 2024

Week 20: Motsumoto, Nagano; Companion/Trainer: Sister Takahashi

American Beautiful Woman

Happy week everyone!


It feels like this week was a blur. As I am sitting here writing this, I genuinely cannot remember what happened. 
Wait... it's all coming back to me.

🍔While me and Takahashi 槉ćŠč were housing she would have me stand in front of the door's peephole/doorbell camera because she said the people would only answer if they saw the "ABW". The "American Beautiful Woman" haha. So kind.

🚿Last Pday we went with the ward to the Suntory water factory. Got a little tour which was fun. It was in the mountains so the view and scenery was very pretty! 

🔍When I first came to Matsumoto there was 1 person actively being taught. My companion said when she arrived, Matsumoto was known as a hard/dry area. As of today, we have 6 people we are teaching and 1 almost there. This may not seem like a lot of people (especially to my friends who are basically baptizing people weekly haha) but the difference from before to now is amazing. What is so cool is we found all these people through various circumstances. The Lord works very differently depending on the person. Mind you, I am NOT taking any credit whatsoever. It is just so amazing to see how God's timing has a role in everything! If it was anyone else, I know these people would have been found! đŸ˜Š
There was one particular lesson we had this week where me and Takahashi 槉ćŠč walked out of it looking at each other in awe. We both agreed the spirit was so strong. So so grateful for the opportunity to feel that.

đŸ”„As far as my Japanese goes, still very small. Like for being here for 2 months, kinda embarrassingly small. But I know I am way better than when I started. I am able to pick up more words here and there and to say more things. When we are teaching people my face isn't in my notebook the whole time reading pre-written sentences and with the help of my companion, I can very basically get my ideas across to the other person. I am very far from saying everything I want to say, and use ăšăă« - tokini (when) wayyyyyy too much, but Heavenly Father has helped me see my progress which I am thankful for. My mind still cannot wrap around the fact that I am learning/speaking (very little) Japanese. Crazy.

❤Japanese Tips❤
- When hiking old people tie bells to their bags. Idk if it's to let people know they are coming or if they fall of the trail, they can ring the bell for help. It's pretty cute though.
- This is not all stores, but you can walk in a good amount and see everything because the aisles are shorter than me hehe. It's kinda fun.
- Each house is very different. In America I feel like lots of the houses look the same with the same vibe, but other than apartments, each house is very different from the one next to it.
❤Idk how much longer this segment will last, I am running out of ideas!❤

😄On Saturday we had an activity with the primary where we played a bunch of different games. At the beginning there was one little boy crying for like ever while the rest of us were having fun playing games. After everyone tried to help him, finally his mom was able to calm him down. Within 10 sec of him not crying he was up playing with us. Totally forgot about what he was crying over. It made me think about how we can get so wrapped up in the scary things of the world, our pride refuses other people's help. We feel like we are alone and no one can help us. BUT once we accept help and realize what we are missing out on, we can, like this boy, untwist ourselves out of that spiral, forget it and have fun. There are a lot of stressful and scary things in life, but if we let those things takeover and overwhelm us we are going to miss all the good things. The things that our Heavenly Father wants us to experience.

"Don't be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. 'Accentuate the positive.' Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and smile on your face, with a great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life."
Gordon B Hinckley

It's a lot easier if you make it fun! 
I love you all!
God loves you!
Make it a good week!!

<3 Sister Peterson
07/22/24







No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 28: Gokiso, Nagoya; Companion/Trainee: Sister

I have been blessed! If anyone was wondering this has been an emotion filled week.... you are correct. Holy cow. On Tuesday I received the c...