Monday, July 1, 2024

Week 17: Motsumoto, Nagano; Companion/Trainer: Sister Takahashi

Hello everyone!!

🍊We got new mission presidents!! The Chidesters left this week which was very sad. They were amazing! I don't think I have ever written down so many good quotes from 2 people before. I love them and am so thankful I got to be one of their missionaries for a short time! 
☀️Our new presidents are the McConkies!!! They already have a special place in my heart! I cannot wait to get to know them more!!

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈI have been too lazy to explain this, but today is the day. One of the top ways missionary work is done in Japan is through Eikaiwa! Classes where we teach people english! There are usually about 10 people in our class! We have Eikaiwa every Wednesday and switch off teaching with the elders. This week we celebrated the 4th of July!!! WOOP WOOP FREEDOM! We can't do it next week, so we thought a week early would be okay. It was so fun! People were amazed to see a picture of me shooting a gun haha. That was kinda funny. We made them all sugar cookies and taught about a little bit of history and some fun English phrases. It was a blast!

☔We were able to do some service for a lady in our branch. Weeded her yard!! The bikeride there though, oof. Brutal. The wind was CRAZY and it is so hard to bike against the wind AND at an incline. I am very thankful for the exercise I get on my bike, but man, bike vs nature is no joke. Don't get me started on the crazy rainstorms.

🎎Me and Takahashi 姉妹 found this super nice obaachan (grandma)! She invited us into her house and we were able to teach her about the Book of Mormon! Her house was the PERFECT Japanese house. Exactly what I imagined Japan to be like. She had a beautiful Butsudan set up for her husband. It's kinda like a Japanese Ofrenda. I'll put in a picture.

❤Japan Tips❤
- Do not plan your vacations in the months of June-Julyish. This is rainy season and you will be SOAKED literally 24/7! I recommend March/April. Cherry blossom season!!! Sidenote: I have not experienced this season myself, but I imagine this is the best time to come. I will find out before I come home though, don't even worry!
- For some reason, cheese is expensive
- the mosquitos are out of hand and all of then need to be locked up. And for some reason they really like my right leg, but not my left. Ugh
❤be safe out there people❤

πŸ’I am really trying to remember where I heard this, but I can't. So I give credits to someone or something, I just forgot who. "I am" is one of Jesus Christ's names. I was reminded of that by this picture (below). Whenever we say "I am ___" we are using Christ's name. We must always use his name with respect. "I am ugly"? Not respectful to Jesus Christ, you, or Heavenly Father considering he created you. Let's start using His name with more respect and in a more positive way. "I am strong. I am beautiful. I am a child of God". You are what you say you are. And I promise you that you are amazing. You are God's child, His creation!
I love you
God loves you
Have a great week. And shout out to those who email me everyonce in a while, I love you, your emails are appreciated wayyyyy more than you know! Sorry if I don't respond quickly, just know you are appreciated!

<3 Sister Peterson
07/01/24 ALREADY JULY?!?!?!?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 28: Gokiso, Nagoya; Companion/Trainee: Sister

I have been blessed! If anyone was wondering this has been an emotion filled week.... you are correct. Holy cow. On Tuesday I received the c...